Why Hire a Phoenix Accident Attorney
It is accurate to say that car accidents in Phoenix keep law enforcement and hospitals busy in the city, despite the region’s relatively good weather conditions for year-round driving. In fact, the City of Phoenix Street Transportation Department recently published the 2014 Comprehensive Traffic Collision Summary, which reported:
- There were over 25,952 car crashes in Phoenix, with a staggering 3,200 increase of accidents than 2013.
- Vehicle collisions occurred once every 20 minutes in Phoenix with injuries once every 38 minutes and fatalities once every two days.
- The total number of vehicle deaths in 2014 was 160.
- Incredibly, out of 8,700 accidents, over 13,682 car accident victims had suffered injuries.
- There were over 1,000 more injuries reported in 2014 than in 2013.
Phoenix Car Accidents Happen to Many Drivers Each Day
No one ever wants to consider that they are vulnerable while driving on the city’s roads. However, statistics show that anyone can be involved in an accident at some point of their lives. The reality is that car accidents are something all drivers can eventually face, from a simple fender bender with just a scratch to a serious accident. Of course, the hope is that if you are involved in an accident in Phoenix, you and your passengers will not suffer serious damages, injuries or fatalities. Unfortunately, such damages and accidents with injuries are a reality many face.
In Phoenix alone, just over 17 people out of every one thousand were involved a car accident in 2014, passengers included.
Where Phoenix Car Accidents Occur
Phoenix car accidents have been so prevalent that traffic calming measures are often taken by the city to slow drivers down and entice them to pay better attention while behind the wheel. Some of those measures proven successful in 2014 were in areas where auto accidents frequently occur. Examples of the traffic safety measures included:
- Traffic calming curves being installed on Hearn Road between 12th and 13th Streets
- Speed cushion in use on 24th Street between Shea Boulevard and Cactus Road
- Traffic calming “keep left” signage and flow changes on 24th Street north of Shea Boulevard
Locations where the greatest number of Phoenix car accidents occur include:
- 43rd Ave & Northern – 52 Crashes (41 Injured – 0 Fatalities)
- 35th Ave & Dunlap – 44 Crashes (31 Injured – 0 Fatalities)
- 59th Ave & Indian School – 51 Crashes (28 Injured – 3 Fatalities)
- 27th Ave & Camelback – 58 Crashes (35 Injured – 0 Fatalities)
- 67th Ave & Indian School – 61 Crashes (35 Injured – 0 Fatalities)
- 75th Ave & Thomas – 49 Crashes (31 Injured – 0 Fatalities)
- 12th St & Indian School – 46 Crashes (28 Injured – 0 Fatalities)
- 67th Ave & McDowell – 56 Crashes (32 Injured – 0 Fatalities)
- 43rd Ave & Thomas – 56 Crashes (24 Injured – 0 Fatalities)
- 43rd Ave & McDowell – 49 Crashes (22 Injured – 0 Fatalities)
Click this link for ABC 15 Phoenix’s 2014 report on 10 most dangerous intersections in the Valley.
When Phoenix Car Accidents Occur
When it comes to the time of year that auto accidents happen the most, October “takes the cake”. June and July are the safest months to be on the city’s roads, with fewer car wrecks occurring during the summer. October 2014 resulted in almost 2,500 car accidents with 812 car accident involving injuries. June resulted in 641 injuries while July had a lesser amount of 618 auto accident injuries, respectively. Fridays are the most dangerous day of the week in Phoenix for drivers, with 2,345 injuries and 27 fatalities occurring in 2014.
Over 6,600 Phoenix car accidents occurred between 3:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m., with under 1,700 occurring between 12:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m., which is good news for nighttime drivers in Phoenix. However, nighttime accidents are far more likely to involve fatalities in the city. Reports show that 64% of fatalities on Phoenix roads occur at night. Only one-third as many accidents occurred in hours of darkness, with two-thirds occurring during daylight hours.
Phoenix Car Accident Injuries and Deaths
The type of car accident you are involved in can affect how serious the injuries are. Below is a breakdown of common types of accidents:
- 30 percent of all wrecks were rear-end accidents, with only three percent of fatalities and 29 percent of injuries
- 21 percent were at an angle with 11 percent of fatalities and 23 percent of injuries
- 15 percent were left-turn accidents with 14 percent of fatalities and 20 percent of injuries
- 14 percent were sideswipe with two percent of fatalities and six percent of injuries
- 12 percent involved only one vehicle with 16 percent of fatalities and nine percent of injuries
- Two percent of wrecks involved pedestrians with an overwhelming 42 percent of fatalities and six percent of injuries
- Two percent involved bikes with 7 percent of fatalities and five percent of injuries
These statistics clearly indicate that pedestrians are highly vulnerable to road traffic. They also indicate that the most common accident types are rear-end, angle and left-turn accidents with most injuries occurring in those wrecks. Each of those types of accidents almost always involve injuries.
Medical Bills Quickly Add Up. Don’t Be Stuck With That Debt.
Speak to an Accident Lawyer
– Click Here to Schedule –
Causes of Phoenix Car Accidents
The top causes of accidents in Phoenix in 2014 were:
- Speeding, in 24 percent of wrecks
- Failure to yield, in 24 percent of wrecks
- Distracted driving, in eight percent of wrecks
During 2014 in Phoenix, 5.3 percent of accidents involved a drunk driver. Driving under the influence also accounted for 36.9 percent of fatalities in that year.
Other interesting facts regarding injuries and fatalities in Phoenix car accidents in 2014 include:
- Out of 245 auto accidents in a construction zone, 95 people were injured and one killed.
- 1,595 accidents occurred due to running a red light, with 1,487 injuries and four fatalities.
- 277 wrecks occurred due to running a stop sign, with 211 injuries and four deaths.
- 592 pedestrians were hit by a car in 2014, with 489 being injured and 66 killed.
- January is the most dangerous month for pedestrians, during which 76 were struck by cars and three pedestrians were killed.
- 76 percent of pedestrians, who were injured or killed, were crossing the street.
When a Phoenix Car Accident Occurs
There are many things happening at once on the scene of a car accident and shortly thereafter. You will likely feel shaken up and possibly worse, if you suffer injuries or extensive damages. When you are involved in a car accident, remember to do the following if possible:
- Take notes about the Phoenix car accident time and date
- Note the weather and other environmental conditions
- Maintain copies of accident records
- Keep witness information and statements
- Keep records of your insurance declarations
- Take notes about how the accident occurred and associated events
- Talk to a Phoenix injury attorney as soon as possible, even while you wait for law enforcement assistance or are at the scene
- Talk to your Phoenix auto accident attorney BEFORE signing anything from the insurance company – this can affect your compensation.
- Understand that insurance companies will try to offer you less than you able to receive for your injuries and damages
- Do not provide recorded statements for any insurance companies without talking to Cantor Injury Lawyers Phoenix injury attorneys
- Do not feel rushed to make decisions about insurance offers
Getting Help When You Are in a Phoenix Auto Accident
If you are involved in a car accident in Phoenix, you may likely suffer expensive damages and injuries with costly medical bills. During such a time, it is important that you are able to recover the maximum amount of compensation possible, as your injuries and other damages can cost you money for years to come. It is your right to gain compensation for your injuries and damages and an experienced Phoenix car accident lawyer will ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.
When you speak to a law firm about your auto accident case, it is important that you get the help that will provide the best results. Cantor Injury Lawyers will provide you with a Free Case Review. Our highly experienced accident attorneys will guide you through common issues affecting victims of a crash, such as:
- Determination of who is at fault
- Dealing with insurance companies and claims
- Getting compensation for personal injury
- Government liability
- Property damage
- Structured settlements
The attorneys at Cantor Injury Lawyers fully understand Arizona State Laws and will ensure your claim is properly valued, according to the injuries and damages you suffered in your accident. We handle the following types of car accident cases each year:
- Single vehicle accidents
- Multiple vehicle car accidents
- Semi truck accidents (learn more)
- Bicycle accidents (learn more)
- Motorcycle accidents (learn more)
- Pedestrian accidents (learn more)
- ATV accidents (learn more)
- Other motor vehicle accidents
Don’t be Tricked into Settling by the Other insurance Companies.
Get Advice from a Lawyer
– Click Here to Contact Us-
Car Accident Injury Compensation You May Expect
When a any car accident happens, someone is likely at fault and responsible for damages and injury compensation. The following types of compensation may be included as part of your claim:
- Hospital bills
- Prescription and over-the-counter medication
- Accident-related past, current and future medical expenses
- Rehabilitation for injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Lost income or lost wages from the accident and into the future
- Property damage, such as your car’s repair or replacement
- Auto rental
- Other damages and compensation
An injury caused by a car accident in Phoenix often involves the Arizona statute of limitations. This means that you usually only have up to two years to file a claim. By speaking with your attorney, he can advise you of your applicable statutes of limitations. This is why it is important that you contact our firm as soon after your accident as possible.
Unless we settle or win your case, you are not responsible for any fees. Call the Cantor Injury Lawyers Law Firm today at 602-254-2701 for a free, no-obligation consultation.