Damages/Compensatory Damages Attorney in Phoenix, AZ
Damages and Compensatory Damages in Arizona
When you file a civil lawsuit, there are two types of damages you may seek. These include Special Damages and General Damages. Most lawsuits involve both types of damages.
Special Damages include:
Medical costs, present and future
- Doctor’s bills
- Hospital bills
- Physical therapy
- Rehabilitation costs
- Car rental
- Parking fees
- Fuel costs for getting to and from treatment
- Cost of prescription medications
- Cost of medical needs like crutches and braces
- Car repair costs
- Totaling of the car toward full payment
- Items inside the vehicle that were damaged in the accident
- Other personal property
Lost income and other employment damages
- Sick days
- Other benefits for the present and future
- Reduced earning capacity through use of forecasting
- Loss of future sales, if you are self-employed
When handling the property damage portion of your car accident case, Cantor Injury Lawyers does not charge for dealing with the adjusters. If a settlement cannot be reached and a lawsuit is filed, the property damage is wrapped into the lawsuit amount.
Tired of dealing with Insurance Companies? Hire an aggressive Attorney to Fight For You!
General Damages include:
Pain and suffering
- Pain experienced during everyday movement
- Pain from physical therapy
- Present and future surgeries
- Medications required after the accident
Loss of enjoyment, from now and in the future
- Loss of participation in favorite activities
- Loss of hobby pursuit
- Inability to hike or ride recreational vehicles
- Reduced time with friends
Loss of consortium
- Loss of intimacy with spouse or significant other
- Loss of sexual intimacy
- Broken relationships and divorce
Punitive damages — those designed to punish the at-fault party for highly malicious or egregious actions
You Need a Skilled Personal Injury Lawyer
When you have been injured in an accident due to someone else’s negligence, you need a skilled personal injury lawyer who will help you gain the compensatory damages you are owed. The lawyers of the Cantor Team will help you recover special damages like medical costs, out-of-pocket costs, property damage and lost income, as well as the general damages that you are owed, such as pain and suffering, loss of consortium, loss of enjoyment, emotional distress and punitive damages.
Your initial consultation with Cantor Injury Lawyers is free and without obligation. Cantor Injury Lawyers finances all costs of litigation, requiring you to pay nothing until your case is settled or won through a verdict. This means you can seek justice without worry over how much it will cost you. When you work with the Cantor Team, you experience a positive road to recovery from your injuries without feeling you are being further victimized by the legal process.
To arrange a free initial consultation with a Phoenix Personal Injury Attorney at Cantor Injury Lawyers, please contact us online or call our firm at (602) 254-2701.