Avondale, Arizona Auto Accidents
Avondale, Arizona, a community of about 76,000 residents year-round, plays host to hundreds of thousands of visitors each year for various big-ticket sports events. There are many things to do in and around Avondale, a 2016 All-America City finalist.
As Avondale continues to grow as rapidly as the rest of the greater Phoenix area, the population will surge and roads will become increasingly crowded with cars, motorcycles and other traffic. With increased traffic comes greater danger for having an auto accident on one of the city’s roads, intersections, crossings or highways. These accidents can take a variety of forms, whether single-car, multiple cars or a pedestrian-related accident. Drunk driving is a problem in Avondale as it is anywhere else, just like distracted driving.
Statistics of Arizona Auto Accidents
Statistics for motor vehicle accidents on Arizona’s roads reflect that 2015 continued to be as dangerous as previous years for drivers. Despite cars being made with greater safety technology than ever before and “smart” advancements toward automated accident prevention, auto accidents will continue to plague Arizona drivers.
The Arizona Crash Facts Summary of the Arizona Department of Transportation reports statistics of state car accidents each year. Below is a snapshot of crashes for 2015:
- 116,609 auto accidents in Arizona
- 811 wrecks caused fatalities
- 36,139 injury accidents
- 94,404 collisions occurred in communities and urban areas like Avondale
- 4,941 wrecks were blamed on drunk driving
- 33 percent more collisions in 2015 than 2014
Do you have 30-60 minutes to speak with an accident attorney? No Cost Consultation
Free One-on-One Consultation
– Click Here to Schedule –
Maricopa County and Avondale Motor Vehicle Accident Statistics
In Maricopa County in 2015, there were 85,269 auto accidents. This county is the home of Avondale, where 1,219 wrecks occurred during the same year.
In Avondale, there were five accidents with fatalities, as part of which six people were killed. 858 accidents had property damage only and 356 caused injuries. In all, 517 people were injured on Avondale’s roads in 2015.
Below are Avondale’s 2015 traffic accident details:
- 1,219 accidents
- 517 injuries resulted from 356 wrecks
- 858 accidents caused property damage only
- Five accidents were fatal, with six deaths resulting
- 46 drunk driving accidents killed four people and injured 19
Fatal Auto Accidents in Avondale, Arizona
Avondale drivers experienced fewer fatalities and fewer fatal accidents in 2014, as compared to 2013. There were also fewer drunk driving fatalities and fewer people involved in fatal auto accidents. Fewer pedestrians were killed by vehicles in 2014 than 2013, as well.
Fatal motor vehicle accident statistics for 2013 and 2014 are compared below:
- Two fatal auto accidents killed two people in 2014, versus nine fatal accidents killing nine people in 2013
- In 2014, drunk drivers did not kill any people, whereas two fatal drunk driving accidents occurred in 2013
- Five vehicles were involved in fatal accidents in 2014, as an improvement over 13 vehicles involved in fatal accidents in 2013
- Six people were involved in fatal accidents in 2014, a significant improvement over 25 people being involved in fatal accidents in 2013
- No pedestrians were killed by cars in 2014, but one was killed in 2013
Accidents Can Occur Anytime in Avondale
In Avondale, an auto accident can occur at any time, the same as any other roadway in America. For this reason, drivers should always remain alert and focused on the task at hand, driving. They should remain free of distractions from passengers, technological devices, cell phones and other items, keeping their eyes on the road at all times. No one is ever immune from potential injury, property damage and even death of a car accident.
The safest months of the year for driving on Avondale roads are September and October, with only five deaths occurring in each of those months since 1994. February, March and May have historically been the most dangerous months for driving in and around Avondale, with 11 fatal accidents in March and May and 12 in February since 1994.
Wednesdays are historically the safest day of the week for driving in Avondale, since 1994. Only nine fatalities have been caused by auto accidents on this day of the week. Monday is the most fatal day of the week for driving, with 17 fatal accidents occurring on that day of the week in the same period.
Thursday mornings are the safest morning of the week for driving in traffic, with only two fatalities occurring before noon on this day since 1994. Conversely, Thursday afternoons are the most deadly, with 12 fatal accidents occurring after noon on this day in the same historic period.
Where Avondale Motor Vehicle Accidents Occur
Avondale is growing as rapidly as other parts of the Phoenix metro area, particularly with several hundred thousand visitors coming to the community for sports events each year. As a result of the traffic booms, county and state governments continually work hard to ensure residents and visitors are safe on the city’s roads. Accidents can certainly happen anywhere, anytime. But when residents and others can be made aware of the community’s most dangerous roads, intersections and crossings, drivers can be more vigilant in these areas.
Scenes of fatal car accidents in Avondale in 2013 and 2014 include:
- On Interstate 10:
- Two vehicles with one driver killed in February at 6:52pm
- A DUI single-car accident killing the driver in March at 11:22pm
- A single-car accident with three people, killing one at 6:43pm in October
- A two-vehicle accident killing one driver in November at 6:30pm
- Drunk driving accidents killed one person each on the following roads:
- Whyman Avenue at 112th Lane in September at 1:47am
- On an Interstate 10 ramp at 11:22pm in March
- Intersections where fatalities occurred include:
- Avondale Boulevard at Durango Street
- Van Buren Street at Dysart Road
- McDowell Road at Dysart Road
- Lower Buckeye Road at Central Avenue
- Main Street at Central Avenue
- Whyman Avenue at 112th Lane
- 107th Avenue at Van Buren Street
Auto Accident Deaths: Avondale Compared to Statewide Averages
Avondale tends to remain consistent with statewide averages for fatal accidents per 100,000 people. However, in several years Avondale has been safer than statewide averages. Such years included 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and 2014. In the same years, Avondale has experienced fewer vehicles being involved in fatal accidents per 100,000 people as compared to the statewide averages.
In 2014, 2.5 fatal accidents occurred per 100,000 people in Avondale and 6.3 vehicles were involved in fatal accidents, for every 100,000 people in Avondale.
Fewer pedestrians are struck and killed in Avondale than the annual statewide average in most years. However, in 2001 the statewide average was 4.1 pedestrian deaths per 100,000 people. In Avondale that year, more than double the statewide average of pedestrian fatalities occurred in Avondale. 9.5 pedestrians for every 100,000 people occurred that year.
When You Are Involved in an Avondale Motor Vehicle Accident
Being in an auto accident is never easy. It can be incredibly stressful, in fact. The accident scene is often chaotic and accident victims can suffer many kinds of trauma, both physical and psychological.
When an auto accident occurs in Avondale, it is important that victims gain the information they need for their best chance of recovering expenses suffered because of the wreck. For your best opportunity to gain compensation for your property damage and injuries, you should:
- Take notes of the time and date of the wreck
- Note environmental conditions, such as weather
- Write down observations from the scene
- Take photos with your smartphone or other device
- Keep accident records in one place, including police reports and other information
- Obtain witness contact details
- Maintain insurance declarations
- Take notes regarding how you believe the accident occurred and the sequence of events
- Contact an Avondale personal injury and auto accident attorney immediately
- DO NOT sign anything from the insurance company until you have spoken with an attorney about the document
- Understand that insurance companies will often undercompensate victims who do not have a lawyer
- Speak to Cantor Injury Lawyers injury lawyers BEFORE providing any recorded statements to insurance companies
- Do not feel rushed to make a decision, by insurance companies or anyone else
Getting the Help You Need for an Avondale Motor Vehicle Accident
It is always expensive to be in an auto accident, particularly since you can never plan on the timing of your accident. You can suffer many costs, with these often leading to long-term financial difficulties for yourself and your family. To gain compensation for your property damage, injuries and other damages of your auto accident in Avondale, you need the help of a reputable and skilled auto accident attorney. Such a lawyer will help you get what you need to get your life back on track.
Someone is at fault for your Avondale auto accident. This party may be another driver, a part manufacturer, mechanic, or other entity. Whether one driver caused the accident or others are negligent, an experienced attorney will help you gain compensation for your accident-related expenses.
Speak to an Avondale Car Accident Lawyer Today
Free One-on-One Consultation
– Click Here to Schedule –
The Help a Avondale Car Accident Lawyer Will Provide
When someone else is at fault or negligent in causing your car accident, you can gain compensation for these expenses and others, with the help of a qualified auto accident attorney:
- Hospital bills
- Prescription medications
- Over-the-counter medication
- Accident-related medical bills
- Injury rehabilitation
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Lost income
- Property damage
- Auto rental
- Towing charges
- Other damages
The first step toward the help you need is speaking with an auto accident attorney. The lawyers of Cantor Injury Lawyers are reputable and experience in handling Avondale auto accidents and are ready to provide you with a free, no-obligation case consultation.
As a Cantor Injury Lawyers client in Avondale, experienced lawyers will guide you through the auto accident claim process. They will also handle common issues of such a claim for you, such as:
- Fault determination
- Claims process
- Insurance company communications
- Damages and injury compensation
- Government liability
- Structured settlements
There are statutes of limitations that will likely apply to your Avondale auto accident case. These limitations are usually six to 24 months from the time of your accident. You must file your claim before these limitations expire. The knowledgeable attorneys of Cantor Injury Lawyers will help you understand the applicable statutes of limitations, your rights and other needs. You gain this help simply by calling to speak with them about your auto accident claim.
Skilled Car Accident and Personal Injury Attorneys Work Hard for You
Personal injury and auto accident lawyers of Cantor Injury Lawyers handle all types of auto accident claims. The firm’s reputable, skilled and respected lawyers often handle cases involving:
- One car
- Two or more cars
- Commercial vehicles
Call for a FREE Consultation with Cantor Injury Lawyers Auto Accident Attorneys
When an auto accident occurs, it can be difficult to know what to do first. You will likely feel stress and may even be in physical pain. This is why it is very important that you have a skilled auto accident and personal injury attorney on your side, to help you through the legal claim process. You need experienced help, so you can ensure your auto accident claim is properly valued and compensated. Many victims of accidents are intimidated by insurance companies into signing documents that limit their rights and pay too little for the damages suffered.
When an Avondale car accident lawyer is on your side, insurance companies know that they will have to compensate you as deserved for your property damage, injuries and other expenses.
Until the lawyers of Cantor Injury Lawyers settle or win your case, you do not have to pay anything for legal fees. Call Us Today!